KILIMO KISASA LTD
A SOCIAL ENTERPRISE SPECIALIZED IN COMMERCIAL HIGHLAND IRISH POTATO FARMING, SEED DEVELOPMENT & SALES, TRAINING AND EXTENSION, REGENERATIVE AGRICULTURE AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Kilimo Kisasa Limited is a Ugandan social farm enterprise located in the highlands of the Albertine Rift, in the Ugandan-Congolese cross-border area north of Lake Albert, specialized in the development and sustainable production of seed potatoes (Solanum tuberosum) for regional farmers. These high-quality seed potatoes are rotated with maize, soybean, common beans, among other crops, that are partly processed and sold regionally. The profits we make from this business flow directly back into the community and the ecosystems they depend on.
We collaborate closely with Ugandan and Dutch stakeholders like regional farmers, research institutions, universities, local government and Dutch seed potato farmers in sustainable potato development so to tailor-made modern procedures and technologies to the local circumstances. New and practical approaches of combining intensive food production with soil quality improvement, soil fertility and water conservation as well as with forest and biodiversity restoration are our contribution to answering to the world’s sustainability needs.
All knowledge and experiences we gain in the process of sustainable seed potato production on our farm enterprise, we translate to practical trainings. These trainings vary from soil fertility assessments and mechanization to water conservation and biodiversity restoration.
Therefore, Kilimo Kisasa Limited positions itself as a role model farm in an agro-enterprise ecosystem in which sustainable production is only met and secured through knowledge exchange and conservation of the natural environment.
- Young Expert Programmes for Ecopolis Europa and Kilimo Kisasa - The Young Expert Programmes from The Netherlands support us by providing two new Young Experts (YEs) that will work for […]
- Generation 1 Sagitta harvest - A few months ago we planted newly received mini-tubers from The Netherlands provided by HZPC Holland B.V. Now Sagitta G1 […]
- Sagitta germinating at Kilimo Kisasa - Remember we shared that we received the very first Sagitta mini-tubers from HZPC in Uganda?! They have been planted and […]
- HZPC Taurus for Kilimo Kisasa - Last Sunday it was Potato Chips (or Crips) Day and from today we offer you Taurus by HZPC and Kilimo […]
- HZPC Sagitta mini-tubers for Kilimo Kisasa – March 2023 - The collaboration and partnership between HZPC and Kilimo Kisasa has resulted in the arrival of the first ever mini-tubers of […]
- African Golden Cat Foundation helps Kilimo Kisasa – November 2022 - As a large-scale mechanised seed potato producer, Kilimo Kisasa feels obliged to protect and recover the natural environment in Zombo […]
- Kilimo Kisasa visits Burundi – October 2022 - Kilimo Kisasa’s expertise on seed potato production in East Africa did not go unnoticed: two Kilimo Kisasa representatives were invited […]
- Burundi visits Kilimo Kisasa – October 2022 - A few weeks after Kilimo Kisasa visited Burundi to present its business structure and to discuss a potential sister seed […]
- Visit Nuffic to Kilimo Kisasa – September 2022 - In the light of educational development and capacity building in Uganda, Nuffic visited Kilimo Kisasa farm. Nuffic, represented by Armand, […]
- HZPC visits Kilimo Kisasa - On 8 August 2022, Arjan visited our farm in Zombo district as a representative of HZPC. HZPC is a global […]